One of the big financial questions people look to answer is – do I have enough? Once people are comfortable that they have enough then their mind typically turns to how they can help their children and grandchildren. We help people determine whether they have enough and if so, how to effectively manage the transfer of wealth to the next generation.
A key and crucial area of building your overall financial strategy is – estate planning. This involves discussion and debate on some really challenging issues such as:
- How much should be passed to my children without impacting their personal self-motivation?
- How and when do I tell my children how much they may receive?
- Do I divide my estate equally between my children?
- As my children are now all financially independent I am minded to leave my estate to charity.
- How can I efficiently distribute my estate to those specified in my Will while still retaining sufficient capital to cope with the unforeseen – such as residential nursing home fees?
Please note that the activity of Financial Planning is not regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.